I was experiencing a lot of migraines, fatigue and an overall feeling that my system was very sluggish. I filled out a pre-consultation questionnaire for Patricia which she received before meeting with me. I feel that as a result Patricia gave me comprehensive insight into what areas of my diet and lifestyle may have been impacting on me. Patricia helped explain and develop a plan to help alleviate the symptoms I was experiencing in way that didn’t feel overwhelming but manageable. I found the meal plans, recipes, website links and lifestyle tips which Patricia gave me really helpful to make the changes that have helped me so much. After two months, I feel my energy levels are much higher, I have had no migraines and my system feels in harmony. I would thoroughly recommend nutrition choices!
After months of intensive treatment, you’re finally in remission. But instead of being joyful and relieved, you’re feeling lost and both physically and mentally exhausted.
The thought of having to spend time and energy figuring out how to become an active participant in control of your recovery seems overwhelming. You’re tired and anxious.
What you want is a clear path back to vitality and wellness. And someone “who’s been there” to guide you while you adapt to a new life- that currently seems to be filled with nothing but uncertainty.
IF YOU ARE:
- aware that nutrition and lifestyle medicine can play an important role in treatment outcomes of your illness
- keen to make changes in your nutrition approach and way of life but have no idea where to start
- convinced that you want to apply a metabolic approach where you learn to optimise and personalise your nutrition and lifestyle programme for your unique requirements
- feeling lost and lonely after treatment is finally over and you’re craving support from like-minded people
- looking for an experienced, highly-regarded and qualified practitioner who truly integrates al the important aspects of regaining health
- spending way too much time trawling the internet and trying to figure out what could work for you
- already following a ketogenic or low carb eating approach
“I was looking for control over anything since I felt like I was almost a non-person in the medical system. They were saying words I didn’t understand and I was seen more as the disease and not the person. I wanted to take back some of the control I felt I had lost. I wanted to take control over part of my body’s healing and not just let things happen around me. I wanted to be a part of my healing and not a by-stander.”
And I’m here to tell you that you’ve come to just the right place for guidance in doing exactly that!
My 3-month programme that includes not only learning of new skills but also implementation, accountability and extensive support has helped many other people in the same situation you’re in.
So where do you start?
For most people, all they need to feel better is knowing where to start. You want to be proactive but it is overwhelming. The last thing you need right now is to be stressed out and spend your precious free time researching the internet and books. It’s my passion and privilege to give you the comfort of knowing that you’re supported by someone you trust but also someone you want to learn from and be guided by. Rest assured that you’re in safe and experienced hands during the process of making changes that might initially scare you but will soon become second nature!
That’s why you’re here. You’re on a mission to be as well as possible, to get through or recover from treatment and rebuild a life filled with health, energy and joy. Maybe you’re craving
- peace of mind
- a clear head
- the feeling that you’re taking back some control over your situation
- gaining independence and confidence in your daily activities
- the knowledge that allows you to adopt a nutrition and lifestyle plan that you can manage in the long term
Who is Patricia Daly?
I’m passionate about helping people who are keen to add a personalised metabolic therapy approach after completing their conventional treatment. To be completely honest, this is not an easy path or quick fix. It involves major change to your lifestyle, daily habits and eating patterns (as it did for me- I know what it all involves!). My story shows how gaining reliable knowledge can put you on a path of clarity and confidence. This, in turn, promotes the process of reclaiming your health.
My research will never stop. From 2017 to 2021, I dedicated hundreds of hours towards obtaining a Masters of Science through Middlesex University in London, UK. Every single assignment was focused on metabolic health for oncology patients. This is not just what I do for a living now, but also because I’m in the same boat as every other patient affected by chronic illness. I’m on a quest to help you find the combination of science, natural interventions but also your inner compass that works for you. That helps you get back on a path of a joyful, health-filled life.
As a registered (mBANT, rCNHC) and highly experienced (10 years in clinical practice applying metabolic therapies) nutritional therapist who specialises in oncology nutrition, I’ve supported hundreds of patients on their journey. Not only do you work with someone who has faced a cancer diagnosis several times, I also have the necessary research skills, clinical expertise and motivational tools in my kit to help you on your quest for metabolic and overall health.
Interested in my credentials and why I am so passionate about this? Please click here.
What to expect
- Imagine having peace of mind about what foods work for you, not against you.
- Imagine knowing that you are doing everything you possibly can to nourish yourself, get through treatments and protect yourself in the long term as best as you can.
- Imagine a way of living where listening to your body is encouraged, not ignored.
- Imagine finding ways to add other tools for a healthy lifestyle to your daily life- movement, mindfulness, toxin-free products; anything that helps your vitality, resilience and wellbeing.
- The experience that it’s within your power to make changes that help you lead a healthier life with peace of mind.
Here’s how it works.
Change doesn’t happen overnight and a journey facing major health challenges often seems like a never-ending roller coaster. There are ever-changing nutritional requirements at different stages of your recovery.
With that in mind and because overwhelm can be a constant companion in the early stages of ketogenic metabolic therapies, I require a 3-month commitment for new clients with follow up appointments every 1-2 weeks (because it’s not just about knowing what to do, it’s about actually doing it). In between our face-to-face sessions, you will be able to watch videos in your own time, learn from handouts and use other resources to ensure you’re acquiring the necessary knowledge to implement your plan.
You also acquire essential skills such as:
- How to assess which foods work in your favour- and which ones might have to be limited or completely skipped
- Monitoring blood sugars and, if applicable, ketone bodies. Not just how to do it, but also when- and what to do with the readings you’re getting
- Monitoring of other health markers that will give you confidence that you’re on the right path (or that you have to adapt certain elements!)
- Learning what your blood tests mean and what to look out for- don’t be intimidated by this: many of my clients find this incredibly empowering (and, after a while, even interesting…)
- Label reading, food shopping and lots of other practical skills (cooking!)
- Assessing which lifestyle factors have the biggest impact on your well-being
- Supplements: how to know what to prioritise, how to avoid overwhelm and where to source them
75-minute initial consultation
This is when we go into details! Prior to meeting for the first time, you will fill in a number of in-depth questionnaires going into your past and current health but also your medical and family history. I also ask about your food preferences, biggest health challenges currently and concerns you might have about making changes. In addition to going through all this at your first consultation, we’ll also cover:
- What you need to know before embarking on dietary and lifestyle changes
- Your unique nutritional requirements
- Current signs and symptoms that keep you from enjoying daily activities (or that keep you awake at night!)
- Your emotional relationship with food/eating and, most importantly, what you like and dislike
- Emotional aspects of cancer treatments, especially stress management, and how to deal with this going forward
We will cover a lot of ground in your first visit. But I’ll make sure you walk away with clear action steps to take before your first follow up. These are sent to you the next working day after your consultation.
The first week (at least) is a period of change and transition. While you’re getting prepared to adopt new habits, you will likely have a load of questions. We’ll get them all answered, review your progress and keep you moving forward on your journey. Together we’ll work out new action steps to take before your next follow up appointment.
At each visit, we’ll review your goals and monitor progress. Each session is different and I support you with knowledge, expertise and warmth. I help you adjust your diet and lifestyle. Give you guidance on how to deal with obstacles. You will also get help understanding the results of lab tests, so you know what to expect at your medical check-ups.
Beyond that, you help set the agenda for our visits. You might want to spend the time planning wholesome meals, discussing how to cook healthy family meals, modifying recipes to tailor them to your individual needs, simplifying your grocery shopping, detoxifying your environment or talking about long-term goals.
Partnerships and providing choices– that’s what my work is all about
It also takes determination and trust. Not just trust in me, my expertise, or even my experience of thriving with cancer myself, but trust in yourself, however tentative at first. Sure, my ability to empathise with clients, to reassure them when in doubt, is a huge plus. But I also believe that with the right support at the beginning, most people will discover the tools they need to make their diet and lifestyle changes sustainable for the future.
I’d love to work with you if:
- your health is your #1 priority. You are motivated to make changes.
- you’re looking for a programme that is tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
- you’re keen to learn to tune in and trust your body again.
- you’re tired of feeling anxious about what to eat– almost have a fear to put anything into your mouth for fear of it “feeding cancer”. You’re keen to regain some control over your health in a challenging situation.
- you want knowledge. But much more than that- you want to implement that knowledge and turn it into action! You’re looking for support in making changes and sticking to them, someone to check in with and ensure you’re on track.
- you want to work with somebody who doesn’t only have the skills and experience to guide you, but someone who genuinely cares about. Somebody who can empathise with what you’re going through.
We’re not the right fit if:
- You think you can keep cancer at bay with diet and lifestyle changes alone.
- You don’t receive medical supervision by a general practitioner or consultant.
- You can’t imagine a life without processed foods.
- Your energy is extremely low and you don’t have any support (family, friends or other carers). Please contact me for other options we can explore together.
- You don’t see any reason why you should change anything in your life- you’re done with your treatment, you’re thriving again and fully enjoying life.
- You aren’t willing to cook (or at least learn to cook) any of your own meals.
So Let’s Work Together!
I’m here to support you on your journey. But before we begin, I want to make sure we’re a good fit and that you’re fully aware how much commitment if will require. YOU will be leading the way on this journey and YOU will be putting in the hard work. With all my support, of course.
How to get started:
- Complete the questionnaire: click the “Get Started Now” button below. It will take you to a questionnaire that will give me some basic information about you.
- Schedule a free 20 minute consultation: After filling out the questionnaire, I’ll send you a link to schedule your free 20-minute consultation.
- Let’s talk: During our consultation we’ll discuss your specific needs and what support you need. We’ll make sure we are on the same page and a good fit. We then compare our schedules to see when your sessions can begin.
- Starting the programme: After our conversation, you’ll be sent an email with a link to where you can schedule your 1st session and select your payment plan.
**Please note, I only accept a limited number of clients per month to make sure I can provide the best service possible. If my schedule is full I’ll add you to my waiting list and you will be contacted once a slot opens up.
If you are currently undergoing treatment, I can only give you dietary and lifestyle support if you have an oncologist on board who is highly experienced with the use of metabolic therapies. If this isn’t the case, you can contact me to put you in touch with one of the oncologists I collaborate.
Generally speaking, yes! This is where my are of knowledge and expertise is but on the odd occasion, I help people affected by other conditions where we have solid evidence that a metabolic approach can help.
Yes, I am trained in the area of functional testing and require a test of your genetic variants (299 USD) to offer you the best support. Apart from that, I regularly use stool analyses, organic acids, toxic exposure or hormone testing in addition to in-depth blood biochemistry tests to help me optimise your approach. I will always let you know in advance what the cost of testing is.
Patricia Daly respects your privacy. We promise not to share, rent or sell the information we collect from you. Your data is stored securely.
About Patricia Daly
Patricia Daly is an experienced and internationally recognized nutritional therapist (BA Hons, dipNT, mBANT, rCNHC), author and educator in the area of integrative cancer support. Following her cancer diagnosis in 2008, she started studying nutrition science and left her corporate career. She is completing her MSc degree in “Advanced Nutrition in Research and Practice” at Middlesex University in London in 2021. As a Swiss native, she regularly attends training courses in Switzerland/Germany, including at the renowned Tumor Biology Center in Freiburg, Germany. Patricia is also one of the founding and advisory board members of the Association for Ketogenic Metabolic Therapies based in Germany.
Over the past 10 years, Patricia has worked with hundreds of clients worldwide that are affected by cancer and that are looking to improve their quality of life with nutrition and lifestyle changes. In 2016, she co-wrote the book “The Ketogenic Kitchen” with Domini Kemp. It quickly became a bestseller in Ireland and subsequently also on Amazon US. Patricia is a guest lecturer and regularly receives invitations to speak at international medical conferences.